Your eyesight is precious.
Here are five easy tips to prevent problems with your sight:
- Get an eye test – even though you might not need glasses an eye test is a crucial health check for your eyes. The early symptoms of sight loss often go unnoticed and are usually not painful so you may not realise you have a problem. Early detection is vital in the fight against sight loss – so visit your local optician to get an eye test.
- Do Not Smoke – smokers are more than twice as likely to experience sight loss in later life as non smokers.
- Eat healthy foods – eating fresh fruits and dark green, leafy vegetables may delay or reduce the severity of eye conditions like age-related macular degeneration.
- Keep fit – take regular exercise and monitor your blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Wear 100 percent UV sunglasses – UV radiation and sunlight can damage your eyesight all year round.
For more information visit the NCBI website – NCBI Website NCBI is the Irish national sight loss support organisation